Why the heck don't they teach this stuff in school?
Money and Tax - Top Ten Tips
This list was prominently displayed in my office for 3 or 4 years and got more comments (positive) than almost anything else I have ever done in this business.
Todd's Top 10
Copyright © Todd's Tax Service LLC. All rights reserved.
1) Spend less than you make. (Yes, this is for real).
2) Save/Invest something. (You have to start somewhere).
3) Pay down debt.
4) Payoff high interest debt first.
5) 24 Hour Rule - Wait 24 hours before making any purchase over $100.
6) Investors - Don't put all your eggs in one basket. (Diversify).
7) Keep investment costs low.
8) Keep part of your IRA in the local bank or credit union.
9) Get tax advice in advance of major financial moves.
10) Try to have fun along the way.